Thursday, November 4, 2010

This looks like it should be fun and sounds tasty too :)

I was looking for a cream cheese cookie recipe and then changed my search to either a butter cookie recipe or simply a cut out cookie recipe and lo and behold what do I find?? Cream Cheese Cut Out Cookies! I haven't tried these yet but will in the morning or late tonight and will let you know what I think.

Cream Cheese Cut Out Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp table salt
1 stick margarine
3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


  1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well to distribute and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light-colored and smooth, a couple minutes with a stand mixer, longer by other methods.
  3. Gradually stir in the flour mixture to incorporate. Divide the dough into four pieces, wrap well and refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to 24.
  4. When ready to bake, set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375F Lightly spray cooking sheet and set aside.
  5. Let dough stand at room temperature 3 to 5 minutes before rolling on a floured surface with a lightly-floured pin. Roll to about 1/8" thick.
  6. Cut out as desired and bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until golden and lightly browned on the edges.
  7. Let stand on the cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a rack to cool. Store tightly covered or freeze well-wrapped for up to one month.
Yield: 24 – 36 cookies, depending on the cutters.

1 comment:

  1. These were yummy but nothing special. I will be honest to say that I was a bit let down. It is a nice sized reciepe. The butter cookie recipe that I grew up on makes 6 dozen cookies! That is a bit daunting to me who is rolling and cutting all my myself.

    ReplyDelete